This policy may change without notice. You should periodically check this page to stay up to date with the latest policy. This policy is effective July 9, 2019 to current date.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect personal information from you that you’ve voluntarily submitted to us, such as your name or email address.
We may also collect anonymous information such as your IP address. Anonymous information consists of non-personally-identifiable data. For example, when you use our website, we can log your IP address, the device you are using, operating system, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, time spent on our site, when you came to our site. We may also collect information on actions you take while visiting our website, such as what links or buttons you clicked on.
When Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you, via cookies, when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, enter information on our site, or simply browsing the site.
Cookies are small files stored on a user’s browser by our website. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. The difference is that session cookies expire when you close your browser and persistent cookies will stay on your browser until you delete them.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- To operate and maintain the website
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To send periodic emails that you signed up for via our newsletter
- To send you administrative communications, such as technical notices or updates on site policies
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized illegal activity
Opting out: You can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Information About Online Behavioral Advertising
Some of the ads you see on the Web or in applications on your mobile device are tailored to your interests and based on your activity online or in the applications on your mobile device. This type of “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies, mobile advertising identifiers as well as other non-cookie technologies. Tailored digital ads help support the free products, services and content you enjoy online.
You can learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising by visiting: https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies, law enforcement agencies, or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- Permitted or required by law
- Trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions
- Investigating fraud which has already taken place
The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our readers.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We understand your rights and desired to keep your information safe. When you are asked to fill in a form on any website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
On A sportometer.net you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Opt-out: If you have previously agreed to let us use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, by subscribing to our email list, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing. Opt-out of future email communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in all our emails.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for our record-keeping purposes, or when required by law.